NMPF Reshapes Governance with CDI’s Addition
June 11, 2019
The addition of California Dairies Inc. to the National Milk Producers Federation at its June board meeting was accompanied by an enlargement of the NMPF board and the creation of a new executive committee which will include CDI, the nation’s second-largest dairy cooperative by volume.
CDI will have five seats on an expanded board of 53 members. In addition, NMPF also created a 14-member executive committee to serve as a core leadership body, supplementing the work of its officers and board. The members of the executive committee, also approved at the June board meeting, include:
- Jay Bryant, Maryland & Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Operation (Reston, VA)
- Beth Ford, Land O’Lakes Inc. (Arden Hills, MN)
- Tony Graves, Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc. (Edwardsville, IL)
- Mike McCloskey, Select Milk Producers Inc. (Dallas, TX)
- Randy Mooney, Dairy Farmers of America (Kansas City, KS)
- Keith Murfield, United Dairymen of Arizona (Tempe, AZ)
- Ken Nobis, Michigan Milk Producers Association (Novi, MI)
- Doug Nuttelman, DFA
- Leroy Plagerman, Northwest Dairy Association/Darigold (Seattle, WA)
- Neal Rea, Agri-Mark, Inc. (Andover, MA)
- David Scheevel, Foremost Farms USA (Baraboo, WI)
- Steve Schlangen, Associated Milk Producers Inc. (New Ulm, MN)
- Simon Vander Woude, California Dairies Inc.
- John Wilson, DFA
“The addition of the new executive committee will be helpful in gaining additional member input on often fast-developing policy issues, and it reflects the strong interest of our membership in united dairy community action,” said Randy Mooney, NMPF’s chairman and a dairy farmer from Rogersville, MO.