The Sustainability Initiatives Coordinator will support the environmental and labor components of the National Dairy Farmers Assuring Responsible Management (FARM) Program – FARM Environmental Stewardship (ES) and FARM Workforce Development (WFD). The Coordinator will perform a variety of administrative tasks, program management, writing, and desktop research to support successful program development and implementation. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in the dairy industry, environmental issues, and/or on-farm human resources and safety topics.
- Support creation of fact sheets and other communications materials in collaboration with other team members. Develop processes to ensure these materials stay up to date
- Support development of producer and evaluator resources that help dairy farmers learn about and implement best practices related to environmental and human resources/safety topics
- Conduct research and summarize findings to inform development of FARM ES and WFD programs
- Manage initial onboarding of organizations into FARM ES and WFD and respond to questions about the programs from 2nd-party evaluators, participating organizations, and other relevant stakeholders
- Perform administrative and operational tasks to ensure successful execution of environmental and labor programs, including taking notes during meetings, crafting minutes, and other related duties as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated time-management skills and ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple and competing interests
- Ability to complete tasks independently
- Adept learner with an appetite for developing skills and gaining knowledge in a variety of subject areas
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with agriculture and/or the dairy industry preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a preference for a related field, such as Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Agronomy and Crop Science, Sustainable Agriculture, Agribusiness Management, Dairy Science, Occupational Safety & Health, or Human Resource Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- 95% in office located in Arlington, VA, 5% travel. Remote work and travel restrictions according to the office’s COVID-19 protocols may be in effect.
Please send cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com with subject line of “[Last Name] Sustainability Initiatives Coordinator.”