Current Available Positions:
The National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF) is offering a 10-12 week summer internship in the Washington D.C. metro area. This internship offers students the unique opportunity to better understand the intersection of U.S. dairy industry policy, regulatory affairs, and trade. Interns will have the opportunity to learn from NMPF’s expert staff, covering areas including government relations, regulatory affairs, trade, communications, membership services and the National Dairy FARM Program. Please apply here by December 1, 2021. Send all application materials and questions to Miquela Hanselman at email@example.com.
Responsibilities may include:
Responsibilities will be determined on an individual basis. The intern will be actively involved in various activities and tasks, which may include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily office tasks & assisting staff with cooperative membership interactions
- Be involved in building web content for NMPF’s website
- Review of federal registry notices and Congressional bills
- Prepare, organize & carry out functions of the National Young Cooperators Program
- Develop member-focused communications and educational resources
- Currently enrolled Junior or Senior Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree student pursuing degrees in dairy, agriculture, food science, social responsibility, economics or food policy-related fields
- Must be available and in D.C. for the duration of the internship
- Must have excellent research, writing, and communication skills
NMPF, based in Arlington, VA, develops and carries out policies that advance the well-being of dairy farmers and the cooperatives they own. The members of NMPF’s cooperatives produce the majority of the U.S. milk supply, making NMPF the voice of dairy producers on Capitol Hill and with government agencies. More information can be found here.