Information Alert for Dairy Exporters to China
The Food and Drug Administration announced this week that companies currently exporting to China or seeking to do so in the near future must register their dairy and infant formula storage facilities with FDA to be included on the list of establishments eligible for export to China. Members may recall that last month NMPF provided notice that FDA was encouraging all companies interested in shipping to China to register their plants with FDA. This latest clarification from FDA is in addition to that earlier notice.
The deadline to include plant and storage facilities on FDA’s list and avoid the possibility of disruption in exports to China is Friday, March 14th. Any requests FDA receives after that date will not be on the initial list transmitted by FDA to China but would be provided subsequently at a later stage.
In order to register your storage facility, please email Esther Lazar an attachment on company letterhead with the following information:
- Business name and address.
- Name, telephone number, and email (if available) of contact person.
- List of products presently stored that may be shipped to China and those intended to be stored and shipped.
- Name and address of the storage facility for each product.
- Name of any federal, state, or local governmental agencies that inspect the facility, along with the government assigned Facility Establishment Identifier (FEI) number and date of last inspection.
- Copy of last inspection notice and, if other than an FDA inspection, copy of last inspection report.